Wednesday 20 April 2016

Tai Tung Chinese Restaurant Croydon

Hiya!

So recently we went to Ikea in Croydon and decided to go for dim sum. We drove to Wing Yip as my mum wanted to do a spot of shopping and so we ate at Tai Tung.
Dim sum is like Spanish tapas; everything is served in small portions which you share.

 
Siu Mai (Pork Dumpling) & Har Gow (Shrimp Dumpling)
 These are the main dim sum dishes which everyone orders as it's just not dim sum without it. I'm not a big fan of Siu Mai but I did try the Har Gow and it was so juicy! As soon as I bite into it the juice from the shrip started pouring out.
Thai Style Chicken Feet & Chicken Feet in Chilli and Black bean Sauce
I know that it's a weird thing eating chicken feet but it's not bad. The Thai Style Chicken feet is typically eaten cold and its spicy but the ones here were very sweet so my mum had to order extra chilli sauce to dip it in; there wasn't a lot of daikan and carrot salad either so I was disappointed but the chicken feet in black bean sauce was amazing! It was very spicy and full of flavour.
Curry Whelks
I LOVE THIS! The curry sauce was spicy and full of wonderful flavours! J ordered this to try and between the both of us we finished it!
Spicy Beef Tripe
I'm not a fan of tripe but my mum and S loves it. I did try one and it was soft but it was so chewy! I had to spit it out as I couldn't break it down to swallow and I managed to suck out all of the flavours.
Prawn Spring Rolls & Deep Fried Meat Puff
I had a sore throat so I didn't really eat anything fried but S loved the meat puff as it wasn't too sweet but there wasn't a lot of meat inside. He also ate the spring roll and said that it was over fried so it was hard.
 Char Sui Pork Buns & Chicken and Chive Buns & Sticky Rice Buns & Crispy Custard Bun
I love all of these buns as the actual buns were very sweet and complimented the fillings well. S ordered the sticky rice bun to try and I ate 2 by myself! The char sui filling was salty but worked amazing with the soft and sweet bun. I didn't manage to eat a chicken bun as I was really full by then. J ordered he crispy buns as she's had it before and said it was amazing; when it came I kinda avoided it as it looked so greasy and oily but it wasn't! It was very sweet and the bun was crispy but not very oily. I will definitely get it again!
Prawn Cheung Fun
You can't have dim sum and not order at least one cheung fun. Cheung fun is normally made from flour and steamed before being wrapped around a filling. We ordered the prawn one and it was so sweet. My mum didn't really like it so me and S ate it between us.
Beef Ho Fun (Wet)
 As you know Z is very fussy at eating so we normally order him either a noodle or rice dish but he still didn't eat. All of us had some and felt that there was too much sauce even though we asked for the wet noodles we didn't expect it to soaked in sauce. The veggies was crunchy and sweet but the beef wasn't nice it tasted a bit off.

We ordered about 13 dishes between 5 of us and we couldn't even finish it so we had to take the left overs home. Apart from the whelks and the buns I found that this place wasn't nice as everything was sweet.
Dim Sum is nice as a family outing as you all get to sit together, catch up and try bits of everything but never go on a Sunday as its always busy.  

Where do you like to go out for family meals?

TC
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment