Sunday 20 March 2016

Kintan Japanese BBQ

Hiya!

We visited Kintan in Holborn. S thought we was going to Korean bbq but it turned out to be a Japanese style bbq (Yakiniku). We had a reservation for 5pm but we got there early and only had 2 hours parking; as we was about to cancel our reservation, the manager managed to move it up to 4.30. 
We made it in time for Happy Hour! Which meant that we got a discount on the set meals! S had picked the Meat Lover's set which contained the following:-
Crispy seaweed, Fried Chicken Karaage, Umami Salad, Miso Soup and Plain Boiled Rice
I loved the Chicken Karaage! It wasn't greasy and it was so juicy! Normally I don't like to eat chicken but I couldn't help myself it was amazing. I didn't take any pictures of the miso soup or rice as Z took my phone.
Sirloin, Premium Rib Eye, Yaki-Shabu Beef, Bistro Hanger Steak, Spicy Pork Kalbi and Citrus Pepper Aburi Bacon
These are the meats you get with the set deal and I surprised myself by actually loving a pork item. I finished the Spicy Miso pork myself but the other meats just tasted the same as each other once they were cooked.

S'mores
How cute is this! For dessert you get a S'more each and all I can say is keep the sticks away from children at all time unless you want meat juice with your marshmallows! Z kept trying to do it and ended up wiping some meat juice on mine but he loved being able to toast the marshmallow under mine and S's watchful eye lol.

S thought that there wasn't enough food so he went and ordered the following appetizers:
Kintan Buns, Takoyaki and Ebi Furai
OMG! The buns was soft and very sweet but it complimented the meat very well as the meat was bit salty on its own but worked amazingly well with the sweetness of the bun. I loved the Takoyaki as they contained big chunks of octopus and it didn't feel too greasy. The batter on the prawns was light and tasted yummy with the accompanying sauce.
Z got a Kid's meal which contained:
2 Takoyaki, Crispy Seaweed, 2 Mini Japanese Sausage, Beef and Boiled Rice.
Z only had 1 sausage as he dropped one so we asked for an extra sausage in which they gave us one big sausage cut into quarters. We cooked the sausages and mixed it with his rice and he loved it! He didn't eat the takoyaki, beef nor the crispy seaweed although he does eat the seaweed at home. S ended up eating the beef.
Matcha Ice-Cream
On the leaflet it stated Vanilla Ice-cream but they must of ran out as they gave Z matcha ice-cream which I was not very pleased about because Z hates matcha so I ate it instead and it was disgusting! They didn't say anything to me about exchanging the ice-cream so we was left with no choice.
It was very bitter and bitsy; the ice-cream contained alot of matcha powder which gave it a strong matcha taste but leaves a horrible bitter after taste. I didn't finish this even though I love dessert. 
Kintan Ice-Cream
I ordered this for myself but I gave it to Z as I had his matcha ice-cream but he did share a spoonful with me and it tasted okay. The brown sugar syrup was bitter but the ice-cream did balance the bitterness out a little. Z managed to finish it after mixing everything together.

The staff was very welcoming. I would love to visit again sometime without Z and just enjoy cooking and catching up. Z wasn't naughty but it was no place for children as I did get meat juice jump out onto my hands a couple of time. This is a perfect way to catch up with friends as you wait for your own food to cook and its a fun experience! 


Please Visit Kintan.uk
What's your favourite meat?

TC
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment